HERE is The Offside Line’s BT Premiership team-of-the-season, based on the number of times players were selected in our regular team-of-the-week feature.
When a player has been selected in team-of-the-week in a number of different positions, he is put forward in the position he played most. This team is selected from the regular league season (play-offs not included).
Several positions were dead-heats, and in those instances we have left it to the readers to decide amongst themselves which individual should get the nod!
15. Fraser Thomson (Melrose) – 7 teams-of-the-week
14. Ben Robbins (Currie Chieftains) – 4 teams-of-the-week (including twice at full-back)
13. Rory Hutton (Watsonians) – 5 teams-of-the-week (including two at stand-off)
12. Craig Jackson (Melrose) / Robbie Nelson (Currie Chieftains) – 6 teams-of-the-week
11. Jordan Edmunds (Boroughmuir) / Sam Pecqueur (Melrose) – 3 teams-of-the-week
10. Frazier Climo (Ayr) / Jason Baggott (Melrose) / Adam Hastings (Currie Cheiftains) / Jamie Forbes (Currie Chieftains) / Scott Lyle – 3 teams-of-the-week
9. Charlie Shiel (Currie Chieftains) – 4 teams-of-the-week
1. Grant Shiels (Melrose) / Shawn Muir (Hawick) – 4 teams-of-the-week each
2. Johnny Matthews (Boroughmuir) – 5 teams-of-the-week
3. Steven Longwell (Ayr) – 7 teams-of-the-week
4. Dalton Redpath (Hawick) / Craig Borthwick (Watsonians) – 4 teams-of-the-week
5. Iain Moody (Melrose) / Jack Turley (Heriot’s) – 4 teams-of-the-week
6. Blair MacPherson (Ayr) / Michael Fedo (Watsonians) – 3 teams-of-the-week
7. Thomas Gordon (Currie Cheftains) / Jack McLean (Heriot’s) – 3 teams-of-the-week
8. Ally Miller (Melrose) / Euan Dods (Watsonians) – 3 teams-of-the-week
BT Premiership Grand Final: Melrose worthy winners in battle against old rivals Ayr
Team of the season…. at 8…… and stuck in the 2nd row for 5 weeks!