A SQUAD of 26 players has been named for the Scotland Under-18s match against Wales at St Helen’s in Swansea on Sunday (kick off 1pm). This match is being staged as warm-up to the U18 Men’s Six Nations festival in Dublin next month.
The team were also in action last weekend, apparently, winning 56-15 away to Newcastle Falcons Academy U18s at Kingston Park, while two Scotland U18 sides, split into “Reds” and “Blues”, took on two Wales U18 sides at DAM Health Stadium on Sunday 4th March.
Head Coach Ross Miller, who will name a matchday squad later in the week, said: “It was good to get some competition in a game environment last weekend. Newcastle are a strong team and they really asked us some questions so it was a worthwhile part of the programme.
Scotland v Italy: hosts make four changes for Six Nations finale
Rufus McLean sentenced to community service
Stirling Wolves unveil coaching team for Super Series Sprint
“We played against Wales before with two squads and for me exposing 50 players to that level of rugby is really the aim of that part of the programme. We’ve now reduced the squad and playing one game.
“The squad of 26 is exciting and it’s our first real test with that smaller squad which we’re really looking forward to.
“The players are obviously really looking forward to Sunday as well. What I’ve picked up from the group so far is that they’re enjoying the programme, they’re definitely being challenged and they have a real appetite for more.
“They learn quickly, they’re starting to adapt, and they have a really good work ethic which is key to our programme.”
- Ollie Bowden* (GHA RFC)
- Ben White* (Peebles RFC)
- Seb Stephen* (Glenalmond College / Aberdeen Grammar RFC)
- Ollie Blyth-Lafferty* (Boroughmuir RFC)
- Christian Lindsay* (Loretto)
- Fraser Wilson* (Gala RFC)
- Oliver Duncan* (Edinburgh Academy)
- Craig Nolan* (Glasgow Hawks RFC)
- Fergus Wood* (George Heriots School)
- Joe Roberts* (Robert Gordons College)
- Keita Ando (SC Frankfurt 1880/Sedbergh)
- Bart Godsell (Gloucester Academy/Marling)
- Charlie Moss (Marlow Rugby/Shiplake College/Wasps)
- Finn Spurway* (Glenalmond College)
- Hector Patterson* (Hawick RFC)
- Hugo Alderson (Stewart’s Melville College)
- Isaac Coates* (Merchiston Castle)
- Matthew Urwin* (St Aloysius)
- Ben Morriss (Deeside/Gordonians RFC)
- Johnny Ventisei* (St Aloysius / GHA RFC)
- Jack Brown* (George Watsons College)
- Sam Leweni* (Queen Victoria School)
- Fergus Watson* (Biggar RFC)
- Samuel Rockley (London Irish/Bishop Wand/London Irish Academy)
- Joe Townshend (Strathallan School)
- Lloyd McEwan-Peters (Yorkshire Academy/Wellington College)
*FOSROC Scottish Rugby Regional Academy Players
Tickets for the match against Wales U18 will be available at St Helen’s only. Public gates open from midday, and tickets are priced £5 for adults and are free for children under 16. Tickets on the gate are cash only, if spectators need to pay by card they need to go to the main reception area on Bryn Road.
Any reports on this match 🤷♂️