SCOTLAND will kick-off their 2022 Six Nations campaign with a Calcutta Cup defence against England at Murrayfield on Saturday 5th February.
Gregor Townsend‘s team will then play Wales away the following week, France at Murrayfield on 26th February, and Italy away on 12th March, before finishing their campaign with a trip to Dublin to take on Ireland on 19th March. Kick-off times are still to be confirmed
“The 2021 Championship was one of the most competitive in history with eight of the 15 matches won by seven points or less,” said Six Nations CEO Ben Morel.
“The drama of Super Saturday with France’s last minute win against Wales, meant that the winner of the Championship was only revealed after the final match was played.
“It was an amazing effort from many people to make the Championship happen, not least the players and staff from the unions, the broadcasters, media and our partners.
“That effort paid off in the shape of record TV audiences and the most engaged Championship we’ve ever seen, it was truly a special achievement. This Guinness Six Nations entertained many of our long-standing fans and I believe we won plenty of new ones as well.
“We look forward to next year’s Championship with hopefully a return to normality when we can welcome fans back in stadia and bring that unrivalled Guinness Six Nations atmosphere into sitting rooms, pubs and rugby clubs all over the world.”
Full 2022 Six Nations fixture schedule:
- 5th February – Ireland v Wales
- 5th February – Scotland v England
- 6th February – France v Italy
- 12th February – Wales v Scotland
- 12th February – France v Ireland
- 13th February – Italy v England
- 26th February – Scotland v France
- 26th February – England v Wales
- 27th February – Ireland v Italy
- 11th March – Wales v France
- 12th March – Italy v Scotland
- 12th March – England v Ireland
- 19th March – France v England
- 19th March – Wales v Italy
- 19th March – Ireland v Scotland