GLASGOW WARRIORS will kick-off their European Champions Cup campaign with an away match against Stade Rochelais on Sunday 12th December at 3.15pm GMT, then host Exeter Chiefs the following Saturday (18th December) with a 5.30pm kick-off.
The return fixtures for these pool matches will be away to Exeter Chiefs on Saturday 15th January at 5.30pm and then at home to Stade Rochelais on Saturday 22nd June at 8pm.
The tournament will be played in the same convoluted format as last season, meaning the clubs have been divided into two pools of 12 – Pool A and Pool B – with four rounds of matches being played on a seeded basis to determine which sides progress to the knock-out stage.
Meanwhile, Edinburgh will compete in the Challenge Cup, which sees 15 clubs competing in three pools of five, with the three highest-ranked clubs from each pool, and the highest-ranked fourth-placed club, as well as six Heineken Champions Cup clubs, qualifying for the knock-out stage.
The capital side face a daunting start to their campaign with a trip to Saracens on Saturday 11th December at 3.15pm. They then have a bye-week which means Mike Blair’s side don’t return to European action until Saturday 15th January when they visit London Irish at 3.15pm, before hosting CA Brive on Friday 21st January at 8pm, with the their final pool match at home to Section Paloise on weekend of 8th to 10th April (day and time yet to be confirmed).
To view the full Champions Cup fixture schedule, click HERE.
To view the full Challenge Cup fixture schedule, click HERE.
2021/22 key dates:
- Round 1 – 10/11/12 December
- Round 2 – 17/18/19 December
- Round 3 – 14/15/16 January 2022
- Round 4 – 21/22/23 January 2022
- Round of 16 (first leg) – 8/9/10 April 2022
- Round of 16 (second leg) – 15/16/17 April 2022
- Quarter-finals – 6/7/8 May 2022
- Semi-finals – 13/14/15 May 2022
- Challenge Cup final – Friday, 27 May, 2022, Stade Vélodrome, Marseille
- Heineken Champions Cup final – Saturday, 28 May, 2022, Stade Vélodrome, Marseille